We are getting closer! Fight the good fight!!
Monday, May 4, 2020
Bible Lesson 164
- When you tattle on someone you want to get them in _________________.
- Mordecai was tell ing so that King Ahasuerus would not be__________________.
- Who was the proud prince who did not like Mordecai?
- What would Mordecai not do that everyone else was doing?
- Who was going to kill the Jews on the 13th day of the 12th month?
- If any person would kill the Jew, then the person would get __________________________
- Can anyone change the law of the Medes and Persians?
- Who was the trusted servant of Esther?
- Why was Esther afraid to go into the king?
History Lesson 162
-Sing the US Presidents
-Review the map
- What is the second largest country of South America?
- What is a very fertile land?
- What is pamperos?
- What are wheat farmers called?
- What is a wheat farm?
- What is a very big tourist spot in Argentina?
- What is the capital of Argentina?
- Which country claimed the Falklands and South Georgia island as its territory?
- Who was the Prime Minister of England who vowed to defend the Falklands from Argentina?
- Who claimed that the people of Tierra del Fuego was a missing link between man and ape?
Grammar Lesson 156
- Oral exercises
- Review game with students
- Complete exercises on sentences
- Say lists with class on pages 238 and 247
- You do not have to diagram sentences.
- Do language quiz on positive, comparative and superlative and send it to me.
- Complete page 244. On Think G, you do not have to rewrite the paragraph. Just do it in your book.
Reading Lesson 162
- Complete RCSS 41
- Turn in Of America to the story,” The Merchant of Venice”.
- What is the name of the maiden that everyone wants to marry?
- How many boxes were there for the suitors to open?
- Which box had the picture of Portia?
- Read the story to page 279. (267)
Tuesday, May 5, 2020
Bible Lesson 165
- What did King Ahasuerus do when he couldn’t go to sleep?
- When the king asks, “What shall be done to the man that the king delights to honor?”, Who does Haman think the king wants to honor?
- What did Haman suggest for the person the king delights to honor?
- Who did the king delight to honor?
- Who did Esther say was the enemy?
- Who was found guilty?
- Who was hanged on the gallows?
History Lesson 163
- Sing the Presidents
- You do not have a quiz
- Review countries and capitals
- Which country is the world’s largest producer of copper?
- What is the capital of Chile?
- What is the only nation that has a flag with two different sides?
- What is the smallest country in South America?
Grammar Lesson 157
- Review adverbs from sentences on the board.
- You do not have to diagram sentences.
- Complete pages 245 and 246
- Do not do diagramming page 246
Reading Lesson 163
Begin reading page 285 or 273.
What was the trouble that the people of Hamelin town were having?
Finish reading to the end of the story.
Wednesday, May 6, 2020
Bible lesson 166
- Why did the people go back to Jerusalem?
- How long did it take the people to build the foundation of the temple?
- Ezra asked the Lord for what?
- How long did Nehemiah pray before he went before the king?
- The people had a mind to___________________
- How long did it take to finish building the wall?
- Who read from the Law?
- How many provinces did the Persian Empire have?
- Who was the queen who disobeyed?
- What did Esther ask for?
- Who decided to take revenge on all Jews?
- Who saved King Ahasuerus’s life?
- What happened to Haman?
Write your Presidents. Work on your South American country report. They are due Friday.
You will take a test in grammar. You will have today and tomorrow to complete it. You may use your books to help you.
Reading Lesson 165
Vocabulary Quiz 33. You will be doing questions 1-7.
A. Whetting B. loophole C. vermin D. ermine E. Consternation F. swarthy G. kith and kin H. subterraneous I. brook J. tabor
- Friends and relatives
- A way of escape
- A soft, white fur
- Insects or rodents that are destructive
You are finished with reading after the vocabulary quiz.
Thursday, May 7, 2020
Bible Lesson 167
- What do you know about the laws of the Medes and Persians?
- Haman’s home is turned over to whom?
- Who became second in command to the king?
- What was added to the law so that the Jews could live?
- How many Jews were killed on the 13th day of the 12th month?
- Jews still celebrate the 14th and 15th days and named these days what?
History Lesson 2
Yes, we are going back!
- What is way of life?
- Where is Mt. McKinley located?
- What is the largest bay in the world?
- What is the largest gulf in the world?
- What is the largest island in the world?
- Where are the Aztecs from?
- What Indians are in Central America?
- What Indians are in South America?
- What is the farthest southern point in South America?
Finish the test
Reading: Lesson 166
- Practice new vocabulary
- Read, “As Long As We Can” (283 or 294)
- What job did Janey’s father have?
- Who is Janey’s best friend>
- Where does the story take place?
Friday, May 8, 2020.
Bible: Lesson 168
Play the Review game as a Bible Trivia.
History Lesson 3
There is no quiz
- What is the line of latitude that divides the Northern hemisphere from the Southern Hemisphere?
- Lines of latitude run ____________ and ___________________.
- Which zones are cold all year long?
- What is the zone that would be scorching?
- What is a small axe?
- What is maize?
- Teepees wigwams, and hogans are all _______________________________________.
Grammar Lesson 159
- Oral exercises
- Review parts of speech with sentence strips
- Page 247- preposition song
- Complete page 248, A,B,C
- Complete page 249
Reading Lesson 167
Of America Read pages 302 or 291 through the end of the story.