Monday, May 11, 2020
If you have not sent your report on a country in South America, please do so. It was due last Friday. ☺
Bible: Lesson 7
- What will the character of the Messiah be according to Isaiah 9:6-7?
- What does Emmanuel mean?
- Who was the priest that the angel Gabriel appeared before and told he and his wife that they would have a child?
- Who did the angel Gabriel appear to and tell her that she had found favor in the sight of the Lord, and that she would be the mother of the Messiah?
- To whom does Mary share the good news?
- He that is mighty has done to me great things; _____________ is His name.
Everything God does is right!
History: Lesson 4
- What is the highest peak in North America?
- What is the highest waterfall in North America?
- What shoots water up into the sky?
- What geyser erupts every 65 minutes?
- Where is Mount Rushmore located?
- The Arctic Willow grows to be how tall?
- It is known as the world’s ___________________ tree.
Grammar: Lesson 160
- Sing the prepositions
- You do not have to diagram sentences
- Write as many prepositions as you can in one minute.
- Complete page 250 B, C, D
- You are not doing a book report
Reading: Lesson 168
- Practice vocabulary
- Page 311 or (300) in Of America. Continue reading to the end of the story.
Tuesday, May 12, 2020
Bible: Lesson 8
- Who tells Joseph it is ok to marry Mary?
- What was Joseph’s job?
- Where was Mary and Joseph’s hometown?
- Why did they have to go to their hometown?
- What are swaddling clothes?
History: Lesson 5
- What is the area near the North Pole called?
- What no longer grows beyond the timberline?
- The Aurora Borealis is also called the ______________ ______________.
- Glaciers are big masses of ice on_____________________.
- Icebergs are big masses of ice on______________________.
- Most icebergs come from what island?
- Who founded Greenland?
Grammar: Lesson 161
- Review prepositions
- Write prepositions
- Complete page 251
Reading: Lesson 170
Take vocabulary quiz 34
- Inclinations B. stint C. resignedly D. ventilator E. pert F. apprehensive G. autopsy
H. condolences I. squandered J. sinister
- With an attitude of submission
- The medical examination of a dead body to find the cause of death
- Expressions of sympathy
- Time spent doing a job
Wednesday, May 13, 2020
Bible: Lesson 9
- God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy spirit is known as the _________________.
- What was Zacharias’s wife’s name?
- What consequence did Zacharias face because of his unbelief?
- What was the name of Zacharias’s and Elizabeth’s baby boy?
- When was Zacharias able to speak?
History: Lesson 6
- What are the two main lines of longitude called?
- Review the map skills.
- What is the name of the region from the North Pole to the timberline called?
- What is the name of the flat land in this region?
- Why is it called the “Land of the Midnight Sun”?
- What is the name for the ground that is always frozen?
- Which animal did you like best?
Grammar: Lesson 162
- Do the sentences on the board with the class. Look at page 174 to review indefinite pronouns.
- How many prepositions did you remember?
- Complete page 253 A with the class. Make sure to pay attention to the charts on the board as the teacher goes over them.
- Complete page 253 B with class and then complete the rest on your own after the video. Send this part to me.
- Pay close attention to blue box page 254 as the teacher explains preposition mistakes.
- Complete page 254- check with class. Finish this section on your own and send to me.
Reading: Lesson 111
- Go over new vocabulary.
- Read “Abe Buys a Barrel” pages 16 (14)- 25.
Thursday, May 14, 2020
Bible: Lesson 10
- Who were the men outside of Bethlehem the night that Jesus was born?
- What suddenly startled them?
- What was the first thing the angel told the men?
- What is the best news in all the world and who is it for?
- This was no ordinary baby; this was _______________________.
- Think about the question Mrs. Tupua asks you, “How do you go into the presence of God?”
History: Lesson 7
- What is the difference between an Eskimo and an Inuit?
- Where do they get most of their meat?
- What are the warm boots in the Arctic region called?
- Are all igloos made of ice?
- What is a small boat made for one person?
Grammar: Lesson 163
- Oral exercises/ prepositions
- Circle adjectives, underline adverbs in the sentences on the board with the class.
- Complete page 255 Think B
- Review pages 252 and 254
- Look at Think Back page 255
- You do not have to do the diagrams.
Reading: Lesson 112
You will no longer have vocabulary quizzes or skill sheets. You can fast forward to 4’ 40”
- How much does Abe pay for the barrel?
- What are three things he pulls out of the barrel?
- Finish the story and read the poem, “Lincoln”.
Friday, May 15, 2020
Bible: Lesson 11
- Who was the elderly man Mary and Joseph met in the temple?
- Who was the older lady whom they met in the temple?
History: Lesson 8
Review and play the map review game with the students.
Grammar: Lesson 164
Complete page 256-257 Think A with the class. You do not need to do Write B or the Go Back. Please do Remember C.
Read the story “The Lone Eagle” in your Of America book. You do not need to listen to the video today.