Monday, May 11, 2020
pages 422- 425
- What is a huge sea wave produced by a submarine earthquake?
- The destruction from this huge sea wave reached along the Indian Ocean as far away as 1,800 miles. What is the name of this place?
- In 2005, the Eastern United States was hit by how many hurricanes?
- What was the fourth strongest hurricane in history?
- What was the religious document of environmentalists that was stored in the Ark of Hope, a New Age mimicry of the biblical Ark of the Covenant?
- What is the belief that the general temperature of the earth and its oceans is being raised as a result of pollution and greenhouse gasses?
- This requires nations to reduce greenhouse emissions to baselines used during the 1990’s.
- On page 424, which environmentalist quote shocked you the most?
Tuesday, May 12, 2020
We are going back to lesson 86 since we skipped it earlier.
- What makes us different than many other countries?
- Mr. Smith said, “Sometimes for God to get us to do His will, He has to make our current situation a little_________________________________.”
- Which king of England wanted all Englishmen to conform to the Church of England and vowed to “harry out of the land” all who refused to conform?
- Which group of dissenters wanted to purify the Church of England?
- Which group of dissenters wanted to separate from the Church of England?
- The Separatists from Scrooby, England left England and moved to what city in Holland?
- What Puritan nobleman helped the Separatists to get permission from the London Company in 1620, to settle in Virginia?
- What is the name of the non-Separatists that traveled on the Mayflower?
- What is recognizing and respecting the beliefs of others even though they are different from one’s own beliefs?
- Who wrote America’s first history book, History of Plymouth Plantation?
PRESS ON, DON’T GIVE UP!!!
Wednesday, May 13, 2020
- What are two things that are signs of maturity?
- What document was drawn up before the Pilgrims left the Mayflower?
- Who was the Pilgrim’s first governor?
- What year did the Pilgrims land in the New World?
- Where did the Pilgrims settle when they arrived at the New World?
- What year was the Bill of Rights adopted?
Thursday, May 14, 2020
Quiz 21 Section 17.1
Friday, May 15, 2020
Choose one event from the Time Traveling handout and write about it. Make sure to write the event you choose at the top of your page.