Thank you for taking a few moments out of your day to read this note. My name is Mark Ellison and I am the Next Generation Student Pastor at Towering Oaks Baptist Church and it is an honor and a privilege to be leading chapel for our TOCS 6th-8th grade students this year. While having been on staff for only 4 months, I have been in full time student ministry for 15 years serving churches in Texas and Tennessee. I love interacting with students and partnering with families to see relationships with Christ begin, grow, and flourish. A prayer of mine is to get to know each of you throughout the school year as well as your student.
This year’s chapel gatherings will have two special aspects:
- New Meeting Place – we will meet in our student ministry area – The Underground.
- Drinks and Snacks – as a part of having chapel in The Underground, our TOCS 6th-8th grade students will also enjoy eating lunch in there as well. As a part of lunch, we are opening up our concessions area for the students beginning Wednesday, August 17. While I would love to be able to provide free concessions, that is not able to happen as I need to keep the area stocked for both chapel and our Student Ministry, so our TOCS students will pay the same price as our Student Ministry does for items in the concessions area:
- $.50 – for canned drinks (such as Sprite, Root Beer, Orange, Dr. Pepper, etc.)
- $1 – for bottled drinks (such as water, Minute Maid Lemonade, etc.)
- $.50 – for all other snacks as they are available (such as chips & candy)
I also like to keep parents in the know on what their students are learning. We began last Wednesday covering Spiritual Disciplines, or HABITS as I am referring to them, and this study will encompass 6 weeks in total. Each Wednesday they will have note sheets with a brief outline of the important points I want them to learn.
In closing there two other items I want cover:
- TOBC Student Ministry Digital Newsletter – 2-4 times per month a digital newsletter goes out to our Student Ministry families. If you would like to join our email list please contact me via email, phone, and/or text.
- TOCS Middle School Chapel Digital Newsletter – I would like to develop a newsletter about our chapel services and studies to keep parents informed. Again if you would like to join our email list please contact me via email, phone, and/or text.
- My Contact Information: At the bottom of this letter is my contact information, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of service to your family.
Again it is an honor and a privilege to partner with your family this year in TOCS Middle School Chapel.